Uniform air force of John B. Gillette

surdescharbonsardents

4 hours ago, surdescharbonsardents said:

Take care of yourself too.

I will resume the post upon receipt of the uniform

Thanks, look forward to seeing it.

surdescharbonsardents

Hello, I received the uniform. Disappointment when I wanted to see the marking behind the pilot's license. The legs were stuck and they broke. For me unfortunately these are not the right decorations. However, I found this document in one of the pockets. Which is better than nothing. I think it's our guy in the pdf book. I saw with the seller for this badge problem. He was very sympathetic and understanding. He gave me a discount on another uniform that I bought from him

img212.jpg

20210113_150248.jpg

20210113_220142.jpg

20210113_220301.jpg

20210113_142655.jpg

20210113_143426.jpg

20210113_144041.jpg

I wouldn’t be too sad about the wings breaking, looks like they and the ribbons are both post war additions and not original to the uniform (at least not when it was worn at the end of the war). Unless he stayed in longer than the end of WW2 those dimpled clutches are post war, and I’m guessing the ribbons were added post war either by the family, vet, or more likely, another collector.

Still a nice named uniform though!

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be too sad about the wings breaking, looks like they and the ribbons are both post war additions and not original to the uniform (at least not when it was worn at the end of the war). Unless he stayed in longer than the end of WW2 those dimpled clutches are post war, and I’m guessing the ribbons were added post war either by the family, vet, or more likely, another collector.

Still a nice named uniform though!

Hunt

One more thing to mention is looks like he was never enlisted, so the good conduct ribbon would be an incorrect decoration for him to have on his uniform. Most likely added by a collector.

surdescharbonsardents

Yes I removed all the decorations. I will look for some origin. Thank you again for your help I put another search on the uniform I mentioned Major Frank L McGowan Jr. As you are very good at finding information. We never know. Thank you