M1956 Nylon belts or M1967 Nylon belts?

USMC_ROB

I have these two nylon web belts with Davis buckles that I have always thought were late production M1956 belts. In fact other than being nylon they are identical to their canvas counter parts. Having taken a recent interest in nylon field gear I have been doing more research and have seen these referred to as Late Production M1956 Cartridge Belts, Experimental M1956 Nylon Cartridge Belts, (one source said about 44,000 were special made for Vietnam) and then I have seen them referred to as M1967 Cartridge belts. (My markings are not readable so I can not confirm how mine are marked). Adding to my confusion - I have seen two LC-1 style belts that were actually marked M1967? I posted pics below of what my belts look like and how the metal parts are marked. the "U.S." is very faded as are the manufacturing data on the inside. Hopefully some folks here can provide some answers. Thank You.  

Nylon m1956,67-4.JPG

Nylon m1956,67-3.JPG

Nylon m1956,67-2.JPG

Nylon m1956,67-1.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I too have an identical belt to those shown.  It has always been my understanding that these are M-1967 Individual Equipment Belts? 

What I see on researching other posts is that once the belt is made from nylon, Davis buckle or M1956 buckle, it becomes an M1967 designation. So you are correct. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Davis buckle was first trialed in the Vietnam war, I think '67'. If you google Davis buckle you will see Special troops with this buckle. They came on the canvas M-56 web belt. They didn't field well and were kicked down to National Guard units post war and may have picked up the Nylon belts at that time. 1967 is before the nylon conversions in field gear. The ones I have have the Davis stamp on them.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, collector said:

The above belt was with a 1962 dated rucksack and frame.

That is a the rucksacks waist strap. Nice that your 1962 rucksack had one, mine was missing. Much harder to come by.