what era; aerial gunner wing

donaldnol

i acquired this wing a day ago i have a question about what era or year this was manufactured, the back pins are set in different than the usual gunner wings, and the sterling mark is straight across different than the usual wings. any thoughts on this  thanks

DSCN2777.JPG

DSCN2776.JPG

DSCN2775.JPG

DSCN2778.JPG

DSCN2779.JPG

Just now, donaldnol said:

i acquired this wing a day ago i have a question about what era or year this was manufactured, the back pins are set in different than the usual gunner wings, and the sterling mark is straight across different than the usual wings. any thoughts on this  thanks

DSCN2777.JPG

DSCN2776.JPG

DSCN2775.JPG

DSCN2778.JPG

DSCN2779.JPG

the clutches fits flush on the wing

gotcha thanks

gotcha thanks

i was thinking the same post war or post war korean

5thwingmarty

This is one of the most common patterns of issue type gunner wings from WWII.  With this finish on the back and the "nail head" type posts, this is typically attributed to post WWII manufacture.  I don't recall seeing this pattern of wing ever having a manufacturer's hallmark.

9 hours ago, 5thwingmarty said:

This is one of the most common patterns of issue type gunner wings from WWII.  With this finish on the back and the "nail head" type posts, this is typically attributed to post WWII manufacture.  I don't recall seeing this pattern of wing ever having a manufacturer's hallmark.

that hits its on the nail, thanks