Need some help on early 3rd Artillery DI's..what to look for restoring a uniform from 1925

aefcav

Many thanks for any info you can provide, obviously screw back but were they Meyer? any different from ww2 era? I appreciate any assistnce 

A Few Companies made DIs in the late 20s into the 30s other then NS Meyer, the trick is finding them to buy nowadays, and as matching pairs as you are retoring a coat from back then.

3rd FA DI approved 13 Dec 22. Unit assigned 6th Div. The first one made by AH Dondero. NSM did not make one until late 41 early 42, when it was assigned to 9th AD as 3rd AFA Bn. 

Thank you fellas, picked up a late 1924-1925 transitional uniform with PFC Farrier patches. Gilt discs and buttons 3rd Artillery/5th div. I have his initials trying to run down rosters for 1925 is a challenge.
I’m a pretty strict WW1 period Cav collector but this uniform is neat including mounted trousers.

Regards,

Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, aefcav said:

Thank you fellas, picked up a late 1924-1925 transitional uniform with PFC Farrier patches. Gilt discs and buttons 3rd Artillery/5th div. I have his initials trying to run down rosters for 1925 is a challenge.
I’m a pretty strict WW1 period Cav collector but this uniform is neat including mounted trousers.

Regards,

Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a real gem, please do post it when you can up in the Uniforms Forum.