Need opinions on 1st. Pattern Troipical trousers

graffspee

I have a set of 1st Pattern Tropical trousers I need some opinions on as far as if they maybe originals or repros. I have several sets of repros and I also have a few original sets as well . These however have stumped me. If they are reproductions they are not like any that I own or have seen and are very close to almost identical my originals but I have a seed of doubt and wanted some other eyes on them to see what others might have to say.

https://flic.kr/p/2kp4XjR

IMG_0278 IMG_0279 IMG_0276 IMG_0280 IMG_0275

1 minute ago, kammo-man said:

No brainer real 

That is what my gut told me but I just was not 100% sure and needed to make sure my eyes were not fooling me.

bravo_2_zero

Repro , these are the ones coming out of Thailand by animal from hell. The tags were numbered ( yours has 2 on it ) as he sold LOADS so the right bidder got right pair. The pocket flaps are square on these and and nearly all real ones are rounded edges. The fakes from Thailand where sold in only small short and medium regular too. Also to note cargo pockets on 1st are a little offset and tend to have the first fold of the upright flap line up the the seam, the repro sit even half n half. 

bravo_2_zero

Here is a shirt I won off him other week and as you can see blue pen and #2 wrote on it too which looks awfully same had writing as yours 

39A5FE6F-6E22-4636-9E56-17B4F91ECC42.png

FT.Monmouth1943

Personally, without better photos, I wouldn’t want this pair of trousers in my collection. I agree that these look a lot like the 1st pattern pants that animalfromhell was selling awhile back. I’m pretty sure this set of trousers was up on epay recently too.

- Jakob

1 minute ago, bravo_2_zero said:

Here is a shirt I won off him other week and as you can see blue pen and #2 wrote on it too which looks awfully same had writing as yours 

39A5FE6F-6E22-4636-9E56-17B4F91ECC42.png

Ok. That seems to fit together.  I was unaware of those repros. The only ones I know of was Moore Militaria's and those coming from SOF in England and they are far better quality than any of those.. Thanks for the heads up.

Just now, FT.Monmouth1943 said:

Personally, without better photos, I wouldn’t want this pair of trousers in my collection. I agree that these look a lot like the 1st pattern pants that animalfromhell was selling awhile back. I’m pretty sure this set of trousers was up on epay recently too.

- Jakob

I recently had them listed on there as repros but had a couple of people message me on there saying they were originals. so I pulled the auction until I could confirm. I originally got them at a thrift store where I found several sets for a cheap price in a pile of uniforms. So I bought them and  as I had questions about them I listed them as repros.

bravo_2_zero
4 minutes ago, graffspee said:

Ok. That seems to fit together.  I was unaware of those repros. The only ones I know of was Moore Militaria's and those coming from SOF in England and they are far better quality than any of those.. Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve not got any green tropicals from him but bought an exposed 1st cut tropical tiger shirt from him. It’s made identical to the greens and comes with same tags that says small short but fits me and I’m a large regular ( work that out ! ). The selling price from Thailand was about $39 a pair till they hit eBay USA and they then started selling in the multiple 100’s. but yes mate these are genuine animal from hell fakes , I’m not saying repro as they leave hints to say repro where these are 100% deceptive. 

bravo_2_zero

This is a tropical shirt I got from him last week too for $39 which is identical to the green ones he was selling ( identical tags with same DSA codes ). The shirt is also marked on the neck with #1 as he had 3 that week. 

996D9522-D576-48AD-8F6F-2E01279A59D4.jpeg

Here’s the thing
You always should have full disclosure where and when you find something including pre information when asking for advice.
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintageproductions

Animalfromhell is not the manufacturer he is just one of many different sellers in Thailand