Raleigh Militaria Show

SKIPH

Did anyone attend the Old North State Militaria Show in Raleigh this weekend? How was it? Any good stuff bought or seen. Had to miss this one, trying to avoid big crowds right now.  SKIP

Went there, saw some fellow forum members.  When I went in August it was well attended and there were plenty of venders.  This Saturday there were about 75% of the venders in August, and it appears that the hours up till about 1 pm were pretty busy (based on talking to several venders I knew).  I usually set up with Dan the Krag guy, but he's been avoiding the shows because of COVID and because he can't breath that long with a mask on.  Mask wearing was about 50/50 even though most people had masks.

I picked up a WW1 German Trench Knife at a nice price; most everything else I saw I already had one of.  Some nice prices on M1905 bayonets with canvas scabbards., saw plenty of M1917 knuckle knives, a lot of theater knives (the usual minefield), and some common blades.  Spent about 2 hours there wearing an N95 mask I had from before all this hit the fan.  Plus there's a good chance I have received the Pfizer vaccine as I'm in the test group and got my shots in August and September, and I reacted to the second shot just like I had gotten the vaccine.