Help ID This Inert Hollow Aluminum Military Rocket

mds308

This is 100 percent inert.  The cone is solid aluminum and pushed into place.  The cone has no threads.  The body is hollow.  The bottom unscrews.  Total length is 22 7/8 inches.  The diameter is approximately 84 or 85mm.  Perhaps a training device?  RPG of some type?  Any help would be appreciated.  

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

Interesting, it does have an "RPG" look to it, the fins seem a bit odd. Sorry I can't really help, might try the BOCN site. Good luck with finding an ID. 

BKW

Thanks opus5150 & Kaptainssurplus,

It's definitely a training device.  It is signed with an engraving tool at the rear of the center aluminum piece.  It was signed VASS.  Not sure if that's someone's name connected to the mortars development or a long lost previous owner.  Not sure why an owner would sign his device.  The Pinochio nose add on is different.  

Thanks for your input copdoc.  Here is the engraving.  Maybe it was an engineers last name.  This is all I found on it.  No other marking.  

IMG_2365.JPG.eab3ef565c1afa7799c0d1e09e056f13.JPG

I have no idea what vass means. Looks like it was electropeciled so maybe to ID it to an owner. 

I like looking up unknowns, so I dug into it.

I looked in manuals and did not see anything similar to the nose piece.  Occasionally the gas rings need to be cleaned and recut. Repair manual mentions careful lathe cutting if needed. 

Even if nose piece is a Morse taper, why you would make it out of Al. It it is much longer than desirable if cut to adapt a smaller live center.  There are prob machinist/tool and die makers on here that have a better idea if this might be useful.