1903 Mexican War Veterans reunion ribbon

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

I have a reunion ribbon that I am trying to find out if it is a National Association reunion ribbon or a state reunion. It has no location but has a date. Here is a scan of the ribbonmex.jpg.b2c6fdee8691da37f51e1c817b3ca6c2.jpgmex1.jpg.3ed79892f9914a696e286207dcd9ed8f.jpg

It is my experience that the word "Annual" is used when referring to a state level reunion.  In this case, it appears to me to be a reunion for the Department of Missouri.

It also suggests that there might be ribbons for the previous reunions as well.  That would make for an interesting, but an extremely hard to acquire, collection of reunion ribbons.  This is the first Missouri related ribbon for Mexican War Veterans I have ever seen.  And, it is in excellent condition.

Hope this was helpful.

Kevin

Kansas Raider

Thanks Kevin, I can not find any info on these reunions from the Missouri State Historical Society and they are closed to the public. Steve

Steve,

It is very possible that Mexican War Veterans held their reunions alongside Grand Army of the Republic reunions.  I have seen GAR National Encampment ribbons that were made for Mexican War Veterans.

A quick search for "Mexican War Veterans" and "Missouri" resulted in the following information:

MISSOURI ASSOCIATION OF MEXICAN WAR VETERANS REUNION NOTICE, 1904

"Announcement of a reunion of the National Association of Mexican War Veterans by the president of the Missouri Association, Odon Guitar, to be held in St. Louis, 16-17 September 1904."

The Journal-Gazette from West Plains, Missouri

August 10, 1905, Page 2

"The Mexican war veterans of Missouri very appropriately held their annual reunion at Mexico last week."

The Windsor Review from Windsor, Missouri

September 12, 1907, Page 2

"The annual re-union of the Mexican war veterans of Missouri was held at Holden on Tuesday of this week."

Have you tried contacting The Decedents of Mexican War Veterans via their website: http://www.dmwv.org/  They might be able to point you in a particular direction.

Kevin