Korean War flight jacket? I know nothing on these and need an answer quickly.

CavalryCombatant

CavalryCombatant

Hello, this came up locally for under $50 looks like it may be worth more, but know nothing on these.  Is it an actual military jacket? Is it worth the price in this condition with the ripped liner? 

Any help appreciated, as I know nothing about these.

Thanks for your time,

CC

18B808E6-C400-4E58-AF72-E54E64DC4C96.jpeg

244F1332-9558-40D6-B9CB-04F18C428BF8.jpeg

0C55BBF2-3526-4413-887E-7E976535537F.jpeg

76809208-E880-4B5D-943C-F5387CE8381F.jpeg

F8348D4F-F529-4ABC-8F52-800DD8C2242E.jpeg

CavalryCombatant

I found the patch and it’s a marine observation patch, which I believe served in Korea (may be wrong, feel free to correct me.)  Being made in Korea makes me think it may stand a chance at being Korean War?  Perhaps it’s a veteran jacket?   Any help appreciated.

Jacket is not Military made or issued. Don’t know how you would ever prove it was veteran used. The value in my opinion is going to be almost entirely in the patch, and I am sorry, I don’t know patches well enough to help there. 

Pretty modern era.  VMO-4 was at NAS Atlanta from 1976-1994 operating the OV-10 Bronco.   Note the state of GA on the patch and the star where Atlanta is approx.  

Yeah, to the OP, that jacket is obviously what we call a "mall jacket" from the 80s popularized by movies like Top Gun and Iron Eagles. They were everywhere.

Continue doing what you did - ask questions and keep the wallet tight for now. It's also not a bad idea to focus on a certain branch though many are general overall collectors. I say this because flight jackets alone have fooled many very serious collectors of another area. They are becoming a land mine with fakers and stories just like helmets.

huntssurplus

I think I saw this one too somewhere. I passed on it for the reasons already mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk