Where to find Late Issue WWI Victory Medals?

Daytonian777

Hello everyone! 

I recently picked up a copy of Jim Michels phenomenal book on the WWI Victory Medal, and was wondering, what would be a good source to find the Type 3, 4, 5 or 6 medals? I have a few Type 2's, but would like to fill out my collection with the Late Issue pieces as well. What would be a fair (value) estimate for these? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and hope you all have a nice New Years!

ErwinRommel1940

I used to see the later issues at military shows fairly often (usually in the "junk" boxes) but they seemed to have dried up in the last couple of years. When I was liquidating an estate a few years ago, there were a couple in the collection and it took awhile to get $10 each out of them. Hope this helps! 

Daytonian777
23 hours ago, ErwinRommel1940 said:

I used to see the later issues at military shows fairly often (usually in the "junk" boxes) but they seemed to have dried up in the last couple of years. When I was liquidating an estate a few years ago, there were a couple in the collection and it took awhile to get $10 each out of them. Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the response. Too bad I wasn't on USMF a few years ago, because I would have taken them off your hands! 😜

I have noticed on auction sites that they don't come up often, generally just the ones made for sale to the general public. I am on a hunt to find official re-issue/late issue examples (HLP, EIGI, Graco, etc) that have the white thread on the edges of the ribbon.