Question about Gunner Wing

donaldnol

I have a gunner wing here i purchased years ago for $44.00 has the long pin and roll cam lock on the back and it's only 2 / 78s inches long instead of 3'' inches, it seems to be a cast with a over lap of metal on one end and some pitting, and light weight i thinking it's a counterfeit or was made up in the european theater ?

fake wing 005.JPG

fake wing 006.JPG

fake wings 001.JPG

fake wings 002.JPG

fake wings 003.JPG

fake wing 003.JPG

fake wing 012.JPG

Hi! I changed your title, so that it was not your username and I also moved you post to the Wing Badges board, as this was posted in Suggestions & Comments. 

15 minutes ago, stratasfan said:

Hi! I changed your title, so that it was not your username and I also moved you post to the Wing Badges board, as this was posted in Suggestions & Comments. 

OKAY

I believe you are correct that this is a cast copy, although why anyone would make cast copies of this pattern is beyond me.  This is one of the most common issue-type gunner wings and originals are readily available for not much money.  I have several of these and they are a full 3" in span.  One of my friends attributes this pattern to Donduro, but that is based on similarities to other Donduro wings.  I have not seen any with an actual Donduro hallmark, only ones that are completely unmarked or with a sterling mark with raised letters.

Marty

I looked on ebay and there are a bunch of these for sale, but most are really high priced.  I did see another one that looked like a cast copy, but it was a copy of one of the other strikes so it looks like more than one person is making cast copies.

Marty

1 hour ago, 5thwingmarty said:

I looked on ebay and there are a bunch of these for sale, but most are really high priced.  I did see another one that looked like a cast copy, but it was a copy of one of the other strikes so it looks like more than one person is making cast copies.

Marty

THATS NOT GOOD