Hello from France

Fighting wyvern

Fighting wyvern

Hi everyone,

I'm 36 years old and  located in Normandy, mostly interested by the british troops but i've always an interest in US equipment, always things to learn and discover  :)

Welcome! Fun to see someone of a similar age! I'm 33. Hope you enjoy your time spent here! Bet you'll have fun and learn something, too! One of my favorite topics and collecting areas is WWII French Resistance. :) 

Fighting wyvern

Thanks, french resistance is something that's interested me too, especially in my area ;)

Here's my new friend welcoming british troops, made with only local finds  ;) 

20201023_113925.jpg

30 minutes ago, Fighting wyvern said:

Thanks, french resistance is something that's interested me too, especially in my area ;)

Here's my new friend welcoming british troops, made with only local finds  ;) 

20201023_113925.jpg

That is amazing! I'm slowly collecting medals and badges and patches, etc. that a Resister would have/could have been awarded/used, with the intention of framing them altogether one day. :) I also collect French stamps that commemorate the French Resistance. I was pretty definitive until a few years ago. The recent year releases I haven't been able to stay on top of, do to stamp shows being on the decline.

One day, I'd love to get a German helmet to repaint with the FFI markings! :) 

Old Crow 1986

Great to have you along.  This is a great place to share, learn, and discuss!

The French resistance display is very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Fighting wyvern
On 12/31/2020 at 2:58 PM, Backtheattack said:

Hello and welcome to the forum! Your "fighter" looks very great. What`s the knife he wear, could you make a picture?

Hi, thanks. For the knife he comes from a local garage sale, no idea for the origin but it seems to be "field made" with a bayonet and custom aluminium plates. I'll make some additional pictures if you have an idea of the origin ;)

Backtheattack

Thanks! No, no idea, have seen a lot of knifes used by the resistance. The form of the grip looks like the one of a trench dagger ww1. A very interesting theme for collecting. 

Fighting wyvern

I've made some additional pictures of the knife, it's made from a bayonet but i don't know wich origin, for the period it could be WW1, you're right some trench knife have similar handle.

20210104_103519.jpg

20210104_103533.jpg

20210104_103558.jpg

20210104_103624.jpg

20210104_103636.jpg

20210104_103650.jpg

20210104_103758.jpg