Reproduction UK Bullion Navy First Naval Aviator Wing

relicranger

Hi,I got pretty excited when I discovered this forum.I was hoping that someone here would recognize this set of wings.I bought a box of relics in 1997 that contained 71 items,some of the best were a 1830's militia belt plate,a curved , screwback iron cross first class and many other cool and some not so cool items.In my opinion this is the best,but I cant identify it. beautiful bullion,straight pinback ,Navy balloon pilot? Has anyone seen another? Any input would be appreciated.thanks Bill

post-5357-1232913354.jpg

post-5357-1232913378.jpg

Hi Bill,

First welcome to the forum. Unusal looking wings, I for one haven't seen anything like these. Not sure if they are US or not. I sure one of the forum members with better knowledge then me will help. (this is the place to find out). I'm curious to find out as well. Again, welcome aboard thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

AW.

Bill,

Here's hoping you did not invest too much money into that badge. It is someone's modern interpretation of what one of the earliest World War 1 USN balloon pilot wing badges would have looked like. :dry:

Because it has a ballon basket hanging below the anchor whoever had the badge made may not have had a clear photograph for the fabricator to work from or the weaver took a few liberties while putting it together. wink2.gif

It could have been made anywhere but judging from the wire thread used a reasonable guess would be ... The Republic of Pakistan.

See the following thread to get a better idea what The Real McCoy would have looked like:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=34827

Hi,I got pretty excited when I discovered this forum.I was hoping that someone here would recognize this set of wings.I bought a box of relics in 1997 that contained 71 items,some of the best were a 1830's militia belt plate,a curved , screwback iron cross first class and many other cool and some not so cool items.In my opinion this is the best,but I cant identify it. beautiful bullion,straight pinback ,Navy balloon pilot? Has anyone seen another? Any input would be appreciated.thanks Bill

post-5357-1232921688.jpg

If possible, it would be nice to see closer pictures of the wings, front and back. Interesting item.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, thanks for the response

I attached a closeup of the balloon up above and here are a few more shots. thanks for looking Bill

post-5357-1232924435.jpg

post-5357-1232924508.jpg

post-5357-1232924534.jpg

post-5357-1232924560.jpg