M3 Guard marked PAL on e-bay

cckw353

I've been looking for an M3 knife for some time now. I'm no hardcore knife collector. More into a bit of everything, but limited to US army WWII ETO...8-). I'm therefore not picky about maker, blade marked or dated, but I'm looking for an original M3 in nice condition. As the market for nice M3:s in Sweden is limited, to say the least I need to use the wonderful world of internet.

I found this on on e-bay: 114589841545 , https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAL-M3-Trench-Knife-US-WW2-WWII-USM3-Military-Collection-NEAR-MINT-USA/114589841545

What's your opinion of it? I've searched this forum and other places on the net but haven't come to a final conclusion myself as collecting M3:s seems to be a minefield.

I noted that the seller, also a forum member, seems to have a good reputation.

Thanks in advance! Lars

s-l1600_IX_small.jpg

s-l1600_small.jpg

s-l1600_V_small.jpg

s-l1600_VIII_small.jpg

cckw353-It's a nice M3, w/ original early M8 scabbard. Looks OK to me. Always check and see if  you can negotiate a deal on a lower price. The most they can say is "no", you have nothing to lose. Keep in mind it has to be shipped to Sweden.  Good Luck!  SKIP

Thanks all for your input and the confirmation that this is a good one! It's much appreciated taking part of your expert knowledge. Despite 30 years of collecting US militaria I'm still a rookie when it comes to the M3:s.

• 1 month later...

I made an offer on this knife, but before I got an answer it was sold. Anyhow, I ended up buying this blade marked Camillus instead.

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm also very pleased with the new knife. I collect a little bit of everything so I'm not sure the M3 itch will catch on, but you never know...