USAF Marksmanship Pocket Patch 1965

patches

Scanned this photo from a C.B. Colby book of this Air Force Sergeant at an indoor pistol range (Base unknown) in around 1965 we should think as the sergeant wears the new Blue on White U.S. AIR FORCE tape, but still wears the White NAME tape, and the firer is wearing the 2nd Pattern Fatigue shirt which starts be available in 1965, he too is wearing at least a White NAME tape as well. I tried to find an online image of this vintage Marksmanship PP to get a better view of it, like what it says on the bottom scroll, but no dice, maybe other interested members know more on this PP.

af pp.jpg

27 minutes ago, Randy said:

It's in Latin: Abeunt Studia In Habitus. Used by instructors at the 3290th Technical Training Group, Lackland AFB, TX.

Randy

Thanks Sarge, so it was a Unit patch or something along the lines of a  insignia worn only by select members of this specific 3290th Technical Training Group?

Having zero luck in finding a image of the patch.

Yes, I would think this to be unit specific. Between basic trainees and the then Air Police tech school there they did a lot of firearms work, so it may have been fairly sizable. I don't have one or I would post it. I luckily had it in my research material, as I collect fighter/recon related only. I'll kick around some more later and see if anything turns up.

Randy

34 minutes ago, Randy said:

Yes, I would think this to be unit specific. Between basic trainees and the then Air Police tech school there they did a lot of firearms work, so it may have been fairly sizable. I don't have one or I would post it. I luckily had it in my research material, as I collect fighter/recon related only. I'll kick around some more later and see if anything turns up.

Randy

Thank you.

So, it's not much but you can see the colors at least. I cropped it from a pic taken 30 years ago of a massive wall display, so it is what it is!😁 The top tab reads: USAF MARKSMANSHIP SQDN

Randy

3290ttg.jpg

8 hours ago, Randy said:

So, it's not much but you can see the colors at least. I cropped it from a pic taken 30 years ago of a massive wall display, so it is what it is!😁 The top tab reads: USAF MARKSMANSHIP SQDN

Randy

3290ttg.jpg

Must be a very rare PP indeed.

3 hours ago, Bobby said:

marksman.jpg.f3ddb39392ffeba3f788b0b139f6f846.jpg

Bobby thank you.

Great patch now that we see it in the flesh, note that it has the new ArmaLite Rifle there and not an M1 Rifle.