Can't Believe This Price.

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just stumbled across this gem on ebay. It's a "Martindale Machete" from  WW2, British made with a taped up broken handle. The seller has a Buy Now price of $639.99. That is about $600 over priced for a machete. especially for a blade in that condition. I don't know the seller. If some could post the ad for this rare beauty it would be appreciated. New collectors study up, don't get fooled. SKIP

aznation- Once again thank you for posting the ad.  If the seller had even checked out ebay to get an idea of pricing, I'm sure he would have put a more realistic price on it.  Reaching for the stars!  SKIP

Maybe his wife told him to clear out some of that smelly army surplus crap, and now he can truthfully tell her that he is trying to sell some on eBay.

Years ago I ran into a dealer who was selling M1 Garands at twice the price of anyone else (among other things he was selling at reasonable prices).  I asked him why the M1s were worth so much and he told me his wife told him to sell some of his collection and this was his way of telling her that he was trying but no one seemed to be buying.

Given some of the prices on ebay, that would make sense, except some of the high priced items are very common and not in good shape (probably and understatement).  I think those sellers are just trying to find someone gullible enough to think calling a PAL RH36 knife rare is going to make them buy it for $200.

Just noticed that this one has popped up again. "Vintage USN MK1" Buy Now $777.00, ebay item  #184604436280. SKIP

Most of us have had conversations where our significant other might suggest politely, or impolitely, that some items might be better liquidated.

When I see hideously overpriced knives, guns or motorcycles on line, I imagine a husband somewhere saying, "...There see, I put it up for sale..."

🤪

118779741_319434359327351_1303388869481484053_n.jpg