Grenade Identification

IanC

I have picked up grenade body which I think is an early war MKII with the filler cap on the base. It appears to have been converted to a cigarette lighter with the fuse hole drilled out. I have an M10A2 fuse head that doesn't fit the threads. 

Does this appear to be as I suspect? Are there any suggestions on making the fuse fit the body for display purposes, or any anyone correct or update this info?

Thanks 

20201227_093341.jpg

20201227_093349.jpg

20201227_093705.jpg

20201227_093625.jpg

20201227_093548.jpg

Kaptainssurplus

That is a littleton foundary lighter. They used old grenade bodies to make lighters. The fuze well was made larger to accommodate the lighter mech and the bottom made wider for a larger plug to fill with fluid. This was late WW2 solid bottom (not a early screw bottom MK2) that wasn't used and was left over after the war, so the company put them to use making lighters. 

• 2 weeks later...
Kaptainssurplus

Yes I agree, trying to fix the modifications would be silly and difficult to get it to look like a unmodified MK2. The damage is done and not reversible in reality. Plus as 917601 said these are getting harder to find than unmodified MK2s.