90th ID Map Case /w contents incl. ST. HILAIRE tactical Map

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

Want to share this 90th ID Map Case with contents including  a 1:25:000 tactical map of St. Hilaire where the division advanced in the beginning of August.  In addition to the map are pencils and a rectangular protractor.  All comments and question are welcome.

PC270253.JPG

PC270254.JPG

PC270256.JPG

PC270255.JPG

PC270268.JPG

PC270259.JPG

PC270260.JPG

PC270261.JPG

PC270262.JPG

PC270263.JPG

PC270264.JPG

90thDivHistory

Thats pretty neat. Let me know if you ever decide to part with it. Id love to put it on display with an officer I have from that unit.

I'm not so sure that the markings on that indicate use by someone in the 90th Infantry Division.  When it comes to identifying or describing a unit, usually it goes company, regiment then division which makes sense because there is only one E company in each regiment. On the other hand, there is at least four or five E companies (if not more) in an infantry division. Each one of those E companies are assigned to a division's infantry regiments, medical, engineer and other support units.  It wouldn't make alot of sense to mark it with a company and division designation because the markings don't indicate which E company from the 90th Division's sub-units the item belongs. So (to me at least) those markings indicate E Company, 90th Infantry Regiment. There was a 90th Infantry Regiment in WW2. It was involved in ski and mountain warfare training and did not go overseas.