1st SOCOM Poster

468abnarm

Does anyone know anything about the poster shown here? Based on the units and insignia shown I would estimate that it was printed in mid 1986.

I know that this poster only represent 1st SOCOM from inception to mid 1986. From mid 1986 through 1990 there are more units and insignia to fill out an expanded poster

of 1st SOCOM which is my goal for display purposes. Just a general curiously of this poster is why I ask.

I have seen many copies of it over the years at various shows and meetings so it was commercially printed.

I received my copy from a fellow ASMIC member about 12 years ago but he knew nothing of it's "history".

1 SOCOM OP - Copy.PNG

The poster was created after the 1st Special Operations Command (Airborne) (Provisional) was activated on 1 October 1982.  The unit was deactivated in April 1987 when the Special Operations Command was activated.  At that time only the 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th Special Forces Groups were active at that time.  On 11 September 1987 The Special Forces Branch was officially activated.  I was stationed at JFK Center at the time and attended the ceremony. 

Larry

• 2 months later...