M1 HELMET w MSA LINER - A. FRICKE

Paddyd00

Hi Guys - Took me a year to be able to figure out how compress my files small enough for here.  But Success! So maybe I can show some helmets...I have quite a few.  USMF is a great resource that I have used on many occasions.  Here's a nice McCord w MSA Liner.  Stenciled on both the Liner and Pot are A. Fricke ...unfortunately I have not been able to find out much about him.  The previous owner (poss member here) purchased this in early 90s from a shop in the Midwest called Militaria and Varia from the Owner.   

This is a Fixed loop McCord. The stamp is extremely light and I cant see it. This OD3 chinstraps. They dangle on the sides... too short by a hair to strap around the back  This one has a flat brass buckle. The thin dark OD period repaint makes me think of other examples I’ve seen from the ETO. There are some other designations written on pencil as well. “A99”? And another name painted stencil inside the pot “Reusch”. Leather chinstrap on Liner and Paint also seem to be period. Leather is frail so not messing with it. Also there is a big ding on top. The sum of all its parts (dimple on the screw that holds the Liner chinstrap to the shell, the painted A Washers and other things) put this helmet at Mid 1943 for me. Any other  observations welcome.

Z

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

CavalryCombatant

For what it’s worth I ran his name through the NARA database and, assuming the numbers are the last three of his ASN, there weren’t any matches. 

I found two that may fit the bill, however are very unluckily.  My guess is it’s a marine/navy helmet.   Honestly, I’m unable to get any info on those gentlemen as I don’t know where to locate it.

Attached are the headlines of the two I think fit the bill the best in the army, however both are quite unlikely as neither of their names have an A in them.

Best of lucking finding your man though, I’d be interested to see how it works out.

426D2923-BD1C-45D7-9EF8-5F738F73D56E.jpeg

995C615E-611D-421B-ABE7-1BFB03BEFCDC.jpeg

Nice, reissued set with honest wear. I agree with the above post, most likely USN or USMC with those markings. A keeper anyway you look at it.

5 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

For what it’s worth I ran his name through the NARA database and, assuming the numbers are the last three of his ASN, there weren’t any matches. 

I found two that may fit the bill, however are very unluckily.  My guess is it’s a marine/navy helmet.   Honestly, I’m unable to get any info on those gentlemen as I don’t know where to locate it.

Attached are the headlines of the two I think fit the bill the best in the army, however both are quite unlikely as neither of their names have an A in them.

Best of lucking finding your man though, I’d be interested to see how it works out.

426D2923-BD1C-45D7-9EF8-5F738F73D56E.jpeg

995C615E-611D-421B-ABE7-1BFB03BEFCDC.jpeg

Thanks for taking a look brother. I appreciate it! I’ll keep you posted if anything more comes to light.