F-101B Voodoo Ejection Seat

viking73

Hi Group,

I purchased another ejection seat yesterday from a member here.  He lives about an hour away from me and I went and picked this up from him in person.  This is the front seat from F-101B Voodoo 56-292.  Here's some photos:

RMQ2Oc7.jpg

j1w5rYN.jpg

62cy1bq.jpg

The seat is in pretty nice shape, missing many things as you can see.  It just needs a bit of cleaning up.

One thing I thought was cool was that the initiator is still in place.  Those are pretty rare I think:

LHwnEvA.jpg

ZikxXc3.jpg

Here's the data tags:

NodRjpZ.jpg

One thing that has to go is the light that a previous owner attached to the back.  I'll be removing that when I get a chance to do so!

UZb1vdR.jpg

I hope that someone didn't cut any holes in the seat to mount this thing...

The seller threw in a NOS headrest as well, pretty cool.  I am very happy to have added another seat to my collection!

Thanks for looking.

-Derek

Wow that is awesome!!  It is even better that it can be linked to a specific airframe. 

Do you plan on building up the seat with replacement parts? If so, please keep us updated. I look forward to following your progress. 

Di you have a picture of the specific airframe?  That would be great to have. 

Chris

Very cool! Love the F-101. Always wanted to to a mannequin in an ejection seat. Gathered most of the gear for the mannequin, but never acquired the seat. They take up a a LOT of room.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  You should have seen the wife's eyes roll when she saw this in the back of the truck "Another One?!?" No, I don't have an ejection seat problem!!  hahahaha!  :)

I need to make some more space for this in my war room as you are right Steve, they do take up a lot of room!  It's bigger than my F-106 seat for sure.  I might have to find a new spot for my B-52 tail gunners seat...

Chris - yes sir, having the s/n of the bird it came out of is always a BIG plus in my book.  According to Joe Baugher's wonderful s/n listing website, this a/c was "w/o Jul 12, 1962 Ogden, Utah".  No photos yet, I've been looking in my Voodoo books but no luck.  If she was scrapped so young, it might be hard to find a photo of her.  I would like to add some of the missing bits to the seat.  They are expensive and hard to find as you know!  But my eyes are always open...

Bob - yes!  A one hour drive for a Voodoo seat is a drive that's totally worth it in my book! 

Merry Christmas everyone!

-Derek

• 2 years later...