WWII Glider Infantry Badge - Help ID Maker

The "835" on this badge is not a maker's mark and I would say that you will be hard pressed to learn who exactly manufactured this particular wing. The 835 stamp was most likely applied in a European country to denote that the makeup of the metal was 83.5% silver and 16.5% copper. 

It is also possible that this wing was made in the US and then sold to a foreign country (like post WWII Germany) for use as a qualification badge for their military. Either way, I believe the badge to be US made and the stamping to have been added after it was manufactured.

Allan

11 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

The "835" on this badge is not a maker's mark and I would say that you will be hard pressed to learn who exactly manufactured this particular wing. The 835 stamp was most likely applied in a European country to denote that the makeup of the metal was 83.5% silver and 16.5% copper. 

It is also possible that this wing was made in the US and then sold to a foreign country (like post WWII Germany) for use as a qualification badge for their military. Either way, I believe the badge to be US made and the stamping to have been added after it was manufactured.

Allan

thats something to know, where ever it was stamped now it made it back here again. thanks for your input.

22 hours ago, Allan H. said:

Allan

THANK YOU