DFC

Eric B

Hello all

For this first post on the forum, I would like to get your opinion on this DFC, the metal looks early but I have never seen this model, can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

Eric

IMG_8759.jpg

IMG_8760.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

IMG_8763.jpg

Your DFC appears to be a US Mint strike from the WWII era, but the pendant and suspension bar look like they have been through a fire.

Obviously, the ribbon is a replacement, and appears to be brand-new ribbon as opposed to WWII vintage. It is missing the brooch.

Allan

Trevor Arendall

Hello, and welcome to the forum. It kind of looks like a navy version of the DFC. The pictures are a little blurry for me to tell, maybe someone else can answer this accurately. 

Trevor, the separately applied suspension ring is indicative of US mint strikes which are the type that was purchased by the Navy for issue to the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard. There were a LOT of AAF personnel who also received medals made this way, so the medal that started this post isn't specifically a Navy piece.

Allan

14 hours ago, Trevor Arendall said:

Hello, and welcome to the forum. It kind of looks like a navy version of the DFC. The pictures are a little blurry for me to tell, maybe someone else can answer this accurately. 

Not a Navy-specific example.