Informations name

domi88

General Apathy
45 minutes ago, domi88 said:

Bonjour à tous. quelqu'un pourrait m'aider à avoir plus d'informations sur ce soldat .. merci à tous d'avance

Screenshot_2020-12-23-11-09-09-276_com.android.chrome.jpg

Domi88,  Good morning all. could someone help me get more information about this soldier .. thanks all in advance

( veuillez ajouter le nom du soldat, la paperasse est trop petite pour être lue. )

please add the name of the soldier, the paperwork is too small to read.

merci, lewis.

Source:  Ancestry.com

WWII Draft Registration

Note:  His full name.  Also, he appears to have been discharged from the Army on November 16, 1945.

b5.jpg

b5a.jpg

Hello. I already wanted to thank you for your very complete research on ortolan bernard. being French I do not have access to all this data .. I had to look on find a grave and nara. but I also did not see where he is buried .. for the record I recently bought a gourd pierced apparently with a shrapnel or other and under the quarter is registered his laundry number with the name ortolan. . and the person who sold it to me find it in the land in Millery (Meurthe-et-Moselle 54) I live in Gérardmer in the Vosges (France)
I guess now he must have been hurt in millery ...

IMG_20201223_113350~2.jpg

IMG_20201223_113338~2.jpg

IMG_20201223_114257.jpg

IMG_20201223_113301.jpg

IMG_20201223_114332.jpg

IMG_20201223_114448.jpg

You're welcome, and thank you for the pictures of the canteen which undoubtedly was punctured by shrapnel, possibly from the same artillery shell that wounded him.

According to the VA Gravesite locator, PFC Bernard A Ortolan passed away in 1972. His remains reside

in the Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden, Mass.