USMC Officer's Quarters

Belleauwood

post-3422-1232895083.jpg

Cleaning the guy room up alittle and had to move some things around to get'er done. Just a couple of quick shots. Thought us Marine Corps collectors might like a peek of some of the groups. A couple have been posted before.

Dennis

Bad photos, but in a hurry. - Sorry

normaninvasion
post-3422-1232895293.jpg

Outstanding collection!! Forgive my ignorance but could you tell when these blues date to. Also interested in the EGA SSI, what can you tell me about that, I assume its the 5th div? Thanks

Outstanding collection!! Forgive my ignorance but could you tell when these blues date to. Also interested in the EGA SSI, what can you tell me about that, I assume its the 5th div? Thanks

Blues are dated 1917 or 1918 (Can't remember) - I have another Bule Tunic that is of a Blue Mohair wool (feels like it) dated 1908

The SS1 you refer to is that of the 5th Brigade, 13th Regiment

WOW, Dennis!! Talk about some nice eye-candy for a Sunday afternoon. I really love that overcoat with the sleeve rank braid...and everything else, of course.

Thanks for showing!!

Steve

teufelhunde.ret
jeal0001.gif OMG... what a room... what great unforms... this is the way to start of a Monday morning! Sure hope we see the "museum" here someday! Thank you Dennis for preserving these uniforms and sharing these pic's with us! s/f Darrell

• 7 months later...
el taco grande

I know this post has been dormant for quite some time, but I have a question about one of the uniform displays. First off, these uniforms are awesome. Second, in post #7, next to the WWI victory ribbon there appears to be what looks like a bar with two little dumbells and a tiny fourragere on it. What is that supposed to signify?

I know this post has been dormant for quite some time, but I have a question about one of the uniform displays. First off, these uniforms are awesome. Second, in post #7, next to the WWI victory ribbon there appears to be what looks like a bar with two little dumbells and a tiny fourragere on it. What is that supposed to signify?

That's exactly what it is. A miniature unit French Fourregere worn as a decoration.The "dumbells" are the French pin attachment as they wear their awards through sewn-on loops. Not often seen on the chest. If the recipient had been awarded a personal Croix de Guerre he would wear the medal.

Semper Fi......Bobgee