M1911 Pistol Frame: What do I have?

Durango

I have a 1911A1 frame that I have not been able to identify, nor have any 1911-1911A1 dealers that I have talked to.  I'm ether looking in the wrong place or I have something that is not Identifiable?  The only markings on the frame is what I would call large serial numbers? 7 6 0 2 3 Also on the inside of the frame what looks like a 6 sided Star and Another Double Star Stamp?1911a1_984284a.jpg.1f235bc751879905db9358fb4f160dac.jpgIMG_2704.jpg.f51fa9c92f53710be7e12d7d8aa0a16c.jpgtamp of the same Star.  

941062_4638583771889_1086511123_n.jpg

I don't believe it's from Double Star as they haven't been in business that long and their logo is much different. I am researching (IMI) Israel Military Industries now as they appear to have been in business since 1933.  As I understand there were many manufacturers of the 1911/1911 A1 frame.   It seams to me someone may have a good lead or knowledge of this frame. Thanks for the information so far. I wold hope someone will come along and have a more information.  Thanks again, Dave

Doctorofwar, thanks I will also research Spain/Llama. It would seam to me a pistol without any markings besides a Serial Number would stand out as highly irregular, but what do I know?  Thanks again for the info.

Scottz63, thanks for the info. I did say it looked like a 6 pointed Star, but it also looks like it could be a 5 pointed Star  The 5  pointed star that you posted looks like the Single Star on the inside of the frame  as best as I can see. The other Star looks like a Double Stamped Star also inside the frame.  I have sent a message to IMI and waiting to hear back from them.  Thanks for the information.  Like I've been saying, for a frame to not have much markings on it, I would think it would stand out in a crowd.  I'm beginning to believe it's a much bigger crowd and it's just not that much of a standout.  Like of said I've had a lot of 1911 guys look at it with no success.  Hopefully, someone will stumble on to the right information. Thanks again for the info.  Merry Christmas.

• 5 months later...

I'm still in search of the manufacturer of this frame. I've researched all of the information above and am still at a loss as to the maker of the frame. 

On 6/18/2021 at 9:48 PM, Durango said:

I'm still in search of the manufacturer of this frame. I've researched all of the information above and am still at a loss as to the maker of the frame. 

"Israel Arms International" 1911 

The easiest way to make sure you’re getting a true Israeli-made gun is to field strip the gun and check under the slide for a Star of David. There will also be a Star of David on the barrel. You should also see a Star of David on the bottom of the frame once the grips are removed.

https://thehebrewhammer.net/2015/06/16/the-ksn-gal-1911/