79th/1st ID patched ike jacket - fantastic bullion

ww2guymandude

ww2guymandude

Uniform of Pvt. Steve Beskit, Co. “K” 314th Inf. Beskit was of Austro-Hungarian background, as his family relocated after WWI to Pennsylvania. Him and his father both enlisted in WWII, where his father would be WIA. After the war, Beskit suffered from severe PTSD and passed away at the rather young age of 38. The uniform itself features a fantastic German made bullion 1st Infantry Division patch as well as a nice German made “bevo” CIB. The opposite shoulder is patched with a standard 79th Infantry Division patch, denoting Beskit’s combat service with the 314th Infantry. Photos don’t do this bullion any justice, in person the craftsmanship is quite apparent and the patch looks almost like a work of art.

5d6066c70967bd954a922296450abe31.jpg

28c3bfd6f91bf0693be40518b632e066.jpg

549871779c71869a5cce54ec489e8c18.jpg

9c6e235b9740af4cfc5465f3016433cc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ww2guymandude
This sold as a BIN recently on eBay, right? I almost pulled the trigger on it if so. Great snag! Amazing uniform!!!

Thanks man, definitely one of my favorites! Yep it was on ebay for a nice BIN. The seller was actually a relative of the vet and even had a German banner signed by 40 guys. We were going to make a deal on it but then he stopped contacting me and listed it on ebay for $5000...

That is super cool!!! Is it named??? I held off, since my luck on hasn’t been great lately when gambling on eBay uniforms having a researchable name in them.

Glad to see it went to an appreciative home that kept the history along with it, and didn’t just immediately remove that sweet bullion 1st ID patch. Definitely agree about the BIN price. Great deal, for sure.

ww2guymandude
That is super cool!!! Is it named??? I held off, since my luck on hasn’t been great lately when gambling on eBay uniforms having a researchable name in them.

Glad to see it went to an appreciative home that kept the history along with it, and didn’t just immediately remove that sweet bullion 1st ID patch. Definitely agree about the BIN price. Great deal, for sure.

The jacket itself isn’t actually named however the seller knew the vet’s name and provided it. I’ve had pretty bad luck with IDing uniforms from ebay as well, which is why I’ve pretty much stopped buying uniforms that only have a last name or are only laundry marked, etc.