CWU-27/P Velcro

ECHOROMEO

2 minutes ago, mohawkALSE said:

Not blue, its the sage green velcro just really washed and faded out over the years.

It definitely came in that color from the factory as I have brand new pieces with the same exact shade. The problem is finding who the manufacturer is and if they're still in business.

32 minutes ago, ECHOROMEO said:

It definitely came in that color from the factory as I have brand new pieces with the same exact shade. The problem is finding who the manufacturer is and if they're still in business.

They never come from the factory with anything other than the name plate velcro,  and you can see its a slightly different shade of velcro.  The life support shops will add the other velcro for the MAJCOM,  Wing,  Squadron or flag patches.   If you ever find a brand new with bar code tag flight suit with all that extra velcro it was already at life support or a custom order. 

1 hour ago, mohawkALSE said:

They never come from the factory with anything other than the name plate velcro,  and you can see its a slightly different shade of velcro.  The life support shops will add the other velcro for the MAJCOM,  Wing,  Squadron or flag patches.   If you ever find a brand new with bar code tag flight suit with all that extra velcro it was already at life support or a custom order. 

Probably didn't word it very clearly, by factory I meant the velcro manufacturer not the flight suit manufacturer. I'm aware that flight suits come only with the name plate velcro and the rest is added after, hence the difference in color between the two. Here's a different piece of gear that has that same shade of velcro:

wDN452X.jpg

You may already know. Velcro is a brand name that is universally used, like Cresant wrench or Fridgidare. Hook and loop is the generic description. This might help you in your search.

Sorry, I did read that wrong but after you made it clear I copy.  That is a older sage color velcro.  I even had some early 27P bags from the early 70s that had that color velcro from the factory on the suit for all the wrist cuffs, waist tabs and the name tag.   Was a pre velcro patch suit so all the unit patches were directly sewn on.   Im not sure if you would find any of the exact material but they do make hook and pile in a ton of colors (but non mil spec) that might come close if you really need that shade.   Never know though, might find a NOS roll of it surplus. 

You are likely looking for a piece of 4" Pile or Loop fastener.  Most shops use 4" and cut it to the size they need.  If they use a lot of 2", then they may order that, like that shown on your piece of gear.  But, back to your original question, where can I get some for a flight suit.  Below is an eBay link to 4" pile:

ONE ROLE OF MILITARY HOOK AND LOOP SAGE GREEN FOR FLIGHTSUITS 60 INCHES X 4 INCH | eBay

I have no idea who the seller is, nor should this be taken as an endorsement.  I just did a quick search and found it.

Thanks Phantomfixer!  I thought we could post a clickable link in the past. 

ECHOROMEO - Like I said, shops usually use 4" because there isn't much of anything bigger than that they want to stick on a flight suit. As long as they have a pair of scissors, they can cut it smaller and to the various sizes of the patches.