Luger Holster Marked "U.S. ARMY" dated 1922

patchbox13

I apologize, the pictures I have posted have a Kangaroo watermark. I use this in a business I have to deter the unauthorized use of my pictures. I can usually remove the watermark for something like this but have been unsuccessful this time.

The front of this holster is marked with a small "US". The back is marked "US ARMY SA" in one place & "Stoeger Luger 1922" in another place. It has web belt attachments & I believe is left handed. Any information about this holster would be appreciated. I am aware there were US Luger trials about 1905 or so & that there were some holsters made for those pistols.  I understand at some point Stoeger made some commercial(not military) Luger holsters but the ones I have seen do not look like this one and were much later. Specifically, why would the US Army have Luger holsters dated 1922?  Would they have been for 45ACP or 30cal? 

Holster 1.jpg

Luger Holster 2.jpg

Luger Holster 3.jpg

Luger Holster 4.jpg

Luger Holster 5.jpg

Luger Holster 6.jpg

Luger Holster 7.jpg

All the markings on the holster were hand stamped with individual letter dies, one letter at a time.  Looks like a home done job, not the  neat stamping on military holsters.

Steve

Charlie Flick

Patchbox:

This holster is not USGI.  It is inconsistent with USGI holsters of the era (presumably 1922) in many ways.  Rather, it appears to me to be civilian, private purchase holster with added markings.

Regards,

Charlie