2020 was a good year for patches !!

doughboy

Hi altogether,

Well, let me say the year 2020 is as good as over and I think this year was for the most, or for all of us, like a pain in the rump  - I'm glad it's over in a few days. The only thing is, it was a good year for patches for myself. Enjoy the pictures and to all the Forum members - Gentlemen ! take care of you and your family  !!! - I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - a Year which may be better than 2020.

Bild 5  2nd Bn. 68th Armor - German Made.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

Bild 3  30th Armor Div. m. DIXI Tab - 1968-72.JPG

Bild 38  2nd Army Band.JPG

Bild 16  474th Automatic Ant Aircraft Arty. Bn. - German Made.JPG

Bild 23  3rd Inf.Div. Anti Aircraft Arty. - Korean Made.JPG

Bild 1  1st Field Arillery Rocket Btry. - German Made.JPG

Bild 1  7th Field Atry. Bn. - German Made Bevo.JPG

Bild 1  18th Field Artillery Gp. - German Made.JPG

Bild 24  2nd Chemical Mortar Bn. - Japanese Made.JPG

Bild 2  17th Cavalry Squadr.Recon - Type 2 - 1946-47.JPG

Bild 3  2nd Cavalry Division - German Made.JPG

Bild 8  4th Cavalry Reg. - Lemon Yellow.JPG

Bild 5  71st Inf.Div. - German Made Bullion.JPG

Bild 9  88th Inf.Div. Blue Devil Cav.RCN.JPG

Bild 10  88th Inf.Div. Blue Devil - Italian Made.JPG

Bild 6  89th Inf.Div. Rolling W.JPG

Bild 8  83rd Inf.Div. - Thunderbold.JPG

Bild 33  319th Logistical Com. - Feb.-Oct. 1955.JPG

Bild 19  Oklahoma ARNG HQ.JPG

Bild 31  Texas Army National Guard HQ .JPG

Bild 12  Pacific Stars and Stripes - Variante on Silk.JPG

Bild 5  Honor Guard  South West Com. - Camp OTSU - Honshu.JPG

Bild 53  13th Constabulary Squadron, 10th Constabulary Regt. - German Made.JPG

Bild 1  Korean Communications Zone - Type 1 Korean Made.JPG

Bild 5  Korean Communications  - Zone m.Tab - Korean Made.JPG

Bild 6  GHQ 8245th  Army Unit - Raiders - German Made.JPG

Bild 11  1279th Eng.Cbt.Bn. 158th RCT- Panama Made.JPG

2020 was a really great year for you, I love the 88th tabs and the constabulary patch.  I was thinking that it would be cool to have a "best patch finds of 2020" thread for everyone to post there patches in like there had been for other years but it looks like you beat me to it.  

Nice finds.  I don't think I have ever come across a Raider tab with a white inner border as the US made Raider tabs lack this inner border.  Is this a theater made tab maybe Japanese?  Could you post a photograph of the back of this Raider tab?

Wow, you had a great year also. Once again I love the Constabulary patch. With the OP's permission I would like to post some of my best finds of 2020, I just do not want to hijack the thread for that if they do not like the idea. 

Some really great items shown. Agree with Dave that the 2nd CMB is special. The Dixie tab is reallly hard to get and under appreciated. Nice to see the Bushmaster engineer patches some great examples and quite uncommon. The 89th and 83rd Div items are really nice and great additions to any collection.

Mort

BILL THE PATCH
I managed to find some nice Italian made insignia.

Paul
IMG-20201220-WA0027.jpg.6c28940ff87c810169651273591efdda.jpg
20200823_155422.jpg.a75c6cefb0cf8eca6af9d74ce5132734.jpg
Love the 85th div patch and awesome scroll.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Wow ! Wonderful patches .So I guess I wasn't the only one who had great deals.Indeed rare pieces.Thanks for sharing.The GHQ and Raider tab is German Made.Here is a pic. of the backside.

IMG_8546.JPG

58 minutes ago, doughboy said:

Wow ! Wonderful patches .So I guess I wasn't the only one who had great deals.Indeed rare pieces.Thanks for sharing.The GHQ and Raider tab is German Made.Here is a pic. of the backside.

IMG_8546.JPG

Thanks for posting a photo of the back of your patch.  

Persian Gulf Command

I'm really "specialized" when it comes to patches, so do not often add to my collection, but this was a patch that made my year!

PC160253.JPG

Some truly stellar insignia shown.  This year after SoS I changed collecting focuses and predominantly only sought out 34th Division pieces and For Your Life series .  Still managed to find some decent pieces, even after I switched too.  

Scanner is dead so had to take a photo with my phone, not the best quality.

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

43 minutes ago, ASMIC2971 said:

Some truly stellar insignia shown.  This year after SoS I changed collecting focuses and predominantly only sought out 34th Division pieces and For Your Life series .  Still managed to find some decent pieces, even after I switched too.  

Scanner is dead so had to take a photo with my phone, not the best quality.

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

I should clarify that my first sentence was not about my stellar insignia, but about the previous pieces shown by other members.  While I think mine are awesome in their own right, there has truly has been some great pieces shown by others.

ParaOps, thanks for showing some  really nice tabs and the killer Ranger items. The 2nd Corp you show with the 91st Cav tab may actually be a Liberty Loan patch and not Italian woven which is not a negative for they command good money and easy to confuse.You could actually stop collecting with the 3 ranger items, hard to top them. 

Hey Drew you surprised me with no 34th's and glad you are expanding and you should have highlighter the tiny 27th Top Eng which very few even know about if I have my ID correct,very nice find.

Mort

I wasn't really a patch collector at the beginning of the year but thanks to a great forum member I think I have caught the bug. Here are some of the rarer and more attractive patches that I have added to my collection in 2020. One of the neat ones is the constabulary patch which is an uncommon version that looks like the 16th constabulary and only has one zag in the lightning bolt.

I enjoyed seeing everyone else's patches and hopefully 2021 is just as good patch wise.

thumbnail_IMG_4330.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4331.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4333.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4334.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4335.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4328.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4329.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2811.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4033.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0862.png

thumbnail_IMG_0865.png

Hi Mort,

Thanks for the kind comments on the Ranger insignia. Attached is a rear photo of the 2nd Corps for comparison with the Liberty Loan 2nd Corps patch.

Some beautiful insignia being shown on this thread.

Thanks

Paul

2nd Corps.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the year is over now so I thought this should be bumped to see if anyone has any other good patch finds from last year? Here are 2 more that I ended up with late in the year as well as better pictures of two that I did not have in person yet.

thumbnail_IMG_4603.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4602.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4601.jpg

That is a pretty neat patch jacket with some decent patches. I have always thought patch jackets were kind of cool, and have never been lucky enough to find one in the wild.