Had my eyes on this liner for a long time.

The Rooster

Greetings all and Happy Holidays.

Ive had my eyes on this liner for a long long time and as a present to myself I dropped the dimes on it.

I love the the paint job. Its airforce used.

ww2 to me but the paint scheme and unit crests are 1950's 1960's im pretty sure. Anyway I like it. Its sharp.

Cheers !

5.jpg

l.jpg

lk.jpg

65.jpg

54.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you for the comments !! I've been looking at it sitting there on ebay for a while now.

Ive always liked the checkered flag and the unit crests.

heres a history of the 401st

http://torrejonairbase.com/torrejonjoomla/images/stories/history of the 401st fighter wing.pdf

401ST FIGHTER WINGEmblemSIGNIFICANCE: Our emblem is symbolic of our wing’s primary mission. The light blue background represents thesky, our primary theater of operations. The four lances denote the weapons stacked ready for instant use as needed.Ablack and white checkerboard battlefield, crossing the lances ina horizontal position, indicatesour wing is willing to gointo battle anywhere in the sky. The colors of the squadrons, attached to the wing, form a banner which sweeps acrossthe entire emblem, indicating support to the overall mission.APPROVED:9 September 1955MOTTO:CAELUM ARENA NOSTRA-“The Sky is Our Arena”

Interesting piece for sure. Isn't this Korean War due to the OD7 interior? I know that on shells, the chinstraps changed to OD7 in 1944 sometime but not the liners.

Thats correct. What I meant to say about WW2 and forgot to add it is that I think the number

looks like a ww2 number.... or early post ww2 ? 8 digits no RA in front of it  ??? just a guess. ?

They were reused a lot so it could be a name and number that was put on it before its use in the late 50's and 1960's by the airforce. ??

Interestin, I just cant figute out how the chess pieces would stay on it, wouldn't they fall off? (joke).

Nice painted liner!

BKW

I bet that tickled a bit ? Nice !
Maybe you need a nice liner to go with that ???
lol [emoji16]

Nope, this cost to much, now I can’t afford any new liners [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk