Dog tag Danver W. Johns 19200025

surdescharbonsardents

surdescharbonsardents

Hello, I am looking for all information on this Private First Class.

Thank you in advance for your help

Cordially

IMG_1295.JPG

20201208_184214.jpg

IMG_1299.JPG

20201208_183915.jpg

20201208_183928.jpg

surdescharbonsardents

That's great. Thank you very much "stratasfan" for your help.

I can put a face on the owner of this uniform.

Thanks again.

https://chapman.lyrasistechnology.org/repositories/4/resources/362

Content Description

This collection contains 79 correspondence to and from members of the Johns family during and after the Second World War. Private First Class Danver Johns served in the Army Air Corps and wrote letters to his parents Moss and Amy. He served stateside as a mechanic in various bases. This collection also contains 7 photographs and newspaper clippings.

Dates:  November 17, 1943 – March 31, 1946

Conditions Governing Access:  This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use:  There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.

Biographical / Historical

Private First Class Danver Johns was born September 20th, 1925, in Spokane, Washington to Moss and Amy Johns. When he was 18, Johns was eligible for a farm deferment, but chose to serve in the Army Air Corps. In December 1943, he was at Buckley Field near Denver, Colorado. He took the cadets test but didn't make it, so he tried to become a mechanic. He was transferred to the 770th squadron. He was moved to an Army Air Base in Salt Lake City, which was part of the 18th Replacement Wing of the Second Air Force. He did not serve overseas, but served on the state side. He went to B-29 school. In April 1946 Johns was given an honorable discharge. Johns attended Washington State College and graduated in 1950 with a BS in Agricultural Engineering. He married Verna Larsen on September 29, 1951. They had four kids: Marie, Luci, Robert, and Karen. Johns died on September 29th, 2004. See less

Extent

.5 Linear feet ((8 folders) )

Language of Materials

English

surdescharbonsardents

Thank you "aznation" for this additional information. It's awesome. I'm glad I have so much documentation on this veteran. I looked and went to the site but can't seem to get all of its documents after from the archivist. As I don't speak English easily, it's difficult for me. In any case, a big thank you to you. You are great.

You're welcome.  I don't believe you can look at the documents, etc. online.  The website is just showing you what's available in that collection which is open to anyone (I'm guessing in person) to visit and look at.  That said you might try emailing this person and see if they would be willing to make copies of anything for you (probably for a nominal fee).  It wouldn't hurt to try.  All they can say is no.  Good Luck!

When contacting this person, use these identifiers for the collection and tell the person what you'd like copies of.  They might even be able to scan whatever your wanting and send it to you via email.

Johns Family Second World War correspondence

Collection — Box: WWII 29, Folder: 1-9

Identifier: 2016-168-w-r

Repository Details

Part of the Center for American War Letters Archives Repository

http://www1.chapman.edu/library/archives/

Leatherby Libraries
Chapman University
Orange CA 92866 United States

Email Address:  [email protected]

• 1 year later...
ocsfollowme

Not sure if you ever contacted Chapman University or not.

I happen to run the Veterans Resource Center at Chapman University and can inquire for you.

surdescharbonsardents

Good evening, no I did not contact the Chapman University. It's difficult for me because my English is not perfect. So yes I want you to help me. It would be super cool.

A big thank you in advance.

Cordially