NEW BOOK!! 20th Century Christian Chaplain Kits: A Collectors Guide.

bheskett

I just published this book with Amazon and it is available.  There are about 150 pages with nearly 550 full color pictures throughout.  A must for anyone intersted in the subject of Chaplain kits.   You can get it here at this link.

https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Chaplain-Century-Collectors-Guide/dp/B08P1FC93T/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=chaplain+kit&qid=1608219832&sr=8-5

or of you want a signed copy I have few in stock and can get them out ASAP.

IMG_20201214_132640607.jpg

IMG_20201214_132657439.jpg

IMG_20201214_132710472.jpg

IMG_20201214_132735703_MP.jpg

IMG_20201214_132741786_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_132802450_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_132833469_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_132842845_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_132853363_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_132910220_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...
DocCollector1441

I have received and read through my copy of Bob Heskett’s Christian Chaplain Kits of the 20th Century and I cannot begin to express how valuable of a resource this is to collectors of the military’s Chaplain Corps. Bob’s attention to detail in not only documenting the history of the Chaplain kits, along with the changes that have come with the different denominations was in all respects outstanding. To take it even a step further, he has gone through the trouble of providing insight and biographical information on the Chaplains many of the kits had belonged which provides an understated insight into which denominations used which kits and when. Further, the fact that Bob has expanded his book to include kits from all of the major US conflicts of the 20th century allows for a comparative analysis of how the military expected its Chaplains to minister to troops in the field and out at sea.

I can honestly say that there is no equal to Bob’s work and knowledge of the subject of Chaplain Kits. This book is a must have for anyone that has an interest in the Chaplain Corps of the Army, Navy, or Air Force and it has become a center piece of my reference library.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:30 PM, DocCollector1441 said:

I have received and read through my copy of Bob Heskett’s Christian Chaplain Kits of the 20th Century and I cannot begin to express how valuable of a resource this is to collectors of the military’s Chaplain Corps. Bob’s attention to detail in not only documenting the history of the Chaplain kits, along with the changes that have come with the different denominations was in all respects outstanding. To take it even a step further, he has gone through the trouble of providing insight and biographical information on the Chaplains many of the kits had belonged which provides an understated insight into which denominations used which kits and when. Further, the fact that Bob has expanded his book to include kits from all of the major US conflicts of the 20th century allows for a comparative analysis of how the military expected its Chaplains to minister to troops in the field and out at sea.

I can honestly say that there is no equal to Bob’s work and knowledge of the subject of Chaplain Kits. This book is a must have for anyone that has an interest in the Chaplain Corps of the Army, Navy, or Air Force and it has become a center piece of my reference library.

I can not say it any better, this book is a must for chaplain collectors and really for any military collector.

great job Bob!!!!!

marty