US Navy VFT 4 patch

Siamundo

Have not been able to find any on-line examples or squadron history to confirm this, but I believe this is an early patch from Navy Fighter Training Squadron 4

IMG_20201216_0005.jpg

IMG_20201216_0006.jpg

The VFTs and BTGs were early Navy Training Squadrons in the 50's.  They all disappeared in 1960 when the Navy created for formalized VT Squadrons.  There is very little written on the VFTs and BTGs.  Let me know if you are looking to off load it, I do collect these.  Anyway, hope that helps.  Semper Fi! - Jeff

Oh, they also had ATU's at this time.  BTG (Basic Training Group) ATU (Advance Training Unit) VFT (Fixed Wing Fighter Training)

Sorry, one more comment.  I almost forgot the most important designation, the helo training squadron.  HTU-1 which became HTG-1 in 1957 and then HT-8 in 1960.

HTU (Helicopter Training Unit), HTG (Helicopter Training Group)

Salvage Sailor
32 minutes ago, Bearmon said:

The bluejacket site shows this for VFT 24.  Obviously this patch is modern.  Yours would

fit with the style of this one though image.jpeg.002463be64c43d2a4e40ccec0470647b.jpeg

I posted an original one here.  VFT Fighter Training patches - Any References or original examples?

Still looking for more documentation on these VFT Squadrons.

• 2 years later...
Salvage Sailor
On 12/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, Siamundo said:

Have not been able to find any on-line examples or squadron history to confirm this, but I believe this is an early patch from Navy Fighter Training Squadron 4

IMG_20201216_0005.jpg

IMG_20201216_0006.jpg

-->>  G1 Flight Jacket VA-175, VA-196, VFT-4 Cagleco Sportswear