BOKER Guard Marked M3 - Really?

tarheeltim

Ok, here's another fraudulent attempt to turn nothing into something!  The eBay item number is 164584922442.  If someone could post photos from the auction it would be much appreciated.  I don't know the seller.  What a poor job of stamping letters for the word "Boker".

Here's another good object lesson for those just getting started.  Where's SKIPH when you need him?

I'm here Tim! Looking at this, the Boker stamp is really bad. The "3" is low, the "M" is wavy, the "Boker" stamp has messed up lettering.  There are no pics of the pommel to see how it was attached. Another thing I noticed was the leather handle looks like a WW2 Camillus M3, has that sculptured , almost hand cut look typical of Camillus.  The pommel doesn't have 2 pins, so guessing it's not a stamped over Camillus. It's real shaky to me.  Have to look at it some more.  If it is a Boker, the price is OK. SKIP

I'm not sure how they did it (or why), but that is definitely the leather grip of a  Camillus 1953 contract M4 (delivered in 1954).  The picture of the M4 is an original.  The Camillus reproduction M4 has a smoother grip.

Marv

resized_Fake M3 with Camillus grip.jpg

resized_IMG_0058.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same seller, another "BOKER M3"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOKER-US-M3-WWII-Fighting-Knife-Guard-Marked-B-M-Co-USM8-Beckwith-B-2-3-N/303907256924?hash=item46c248ba5c:g:wV8AAOSwL7xgQAGl

The previously mentioned one, post #10, sold for over $300.....looks like it may have been returned and he's selling it again??

Quick glance on this new one, I noticed the "U", does not have the serifs, but has what looks like small vertical stamps instead of periods after the U.S.. The handle is in different condition.  SKIP

Looks like a fake, what I met by the serifs, is that the first Boker listed by this seller had the serifs, not this one. SKIP