Bring Backs but from where?

Steve Brannan

Steve Brannan

I am pretty knowledgeable about US Militaria but foreign bring back insignia have me baffled. These can out of an estate of two US WW2 Army vets, both were brothers. These insignia don’t look WW2 to me but what do I know. Can you help me identify. Writing on the front of the top right one appears Arabic. 

73822B4E-915B-4063-A0FF-289CF7A21E4D.jpeg

C541BEDD-06E9-4AC9-AA8D-D39E6277B9BD.jpeg

USMarineCorps
9 hours ago, Steve Brannan said:

From Desert Storm or earlier?

I'm pretty sure earlier. Could be Kingdom era or later. It's hard to tell since some of these insignia have been around for a long time. I can tell you that all 4 are definitely Iraqi military insignia though, including the one with the square and compasses. A quick google search will show you some similar insignia, and perhaps even some IDs. For example, here's one that you have: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kingdom-iraq-army-branch-insignia-536255834

kingdom-iraq-army-branch-insignia_1_983112adf66c2000a34e476db6e2b3d1.jpg

They are Iraqi (all of them) and they were used both in the Kingdom and the Republic. These look like Republic due to the rather poor casting.  Crossed rifles = Infantry, the top left is General Staff and the right is topographical engineer.  Hope this helps, Scott.