USMC WWII and older "smalls"

warguy

Bill thanks for the info on that pouch. I bet you are right, makes more sense than potpourris! And I agree, that is a great buckle, thanks for posting! 

• 2 weeks later...

Some great items shown so far. I came across this picture going through some boxes.

Would be nice to have that EGA hanging up over the gate to hang up in a war room. Albeit a big war room.

Ken

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00410.JPG

Although I don't think you could consider the next item a small, it makes for a good back drop for a China-Marine display.

A map to update the daily situation reports of the armies of the Republic of China 1926-1928 and drawn up by the 4th. Regt. Intel. with the commanding  officer being 1st. Lt. E. F. Carlson.

Ken

DSC00398.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

12 hours ago, 6th.MG.BN said:

Some great items shown so far. I came across this picture going through some boxes.

Would be nice to have that EGA hanging up over the gate to hang up in a war room. Albeit a big war room.

Ken

DSC00406.JPG

DSC00410.JPG

That emblem still exists, though it was obviously moved at some point. I still remember it vividly when I arrived there in 1986 (MCRD San Diego) ...

MCRD.jpg

12 hours ago, b_hinch said:

That emblem still exists, though it was obviously moved at some point. I still remember it vividly when I arrived there in 1986 (MCRD San Diego) ...

MCRD.jpg

I remember the emblem where it is now in 1979 when I arrived.

Bill