Best replica 1911 for reenacting?

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Hey y’all,

I was thinking about getting a replica 1911 for reenacting, and I was wondering what options were out there other than denix. Is there any airsoft/bb pistols that are accurate? 

Thanks! 

What are your requirements?  You want something more visually accurate, same weight, or?

If the answer is “yes” to all of it, then maybe just buy a 1911 and put a pair of Keyes Fiber WWII grips on it.

MinorInHistory

I would, though as my username implies, I am a minor so even if I could afford one the law wouldn’t be too happy with me owning one...

I would like to check off as many boxes as I could, visual accuracy and weight would be nice. I know some of the bb pistols are pretty darn close, and many can be field stripped. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, MinorInHistory said:

I would, though as my username implies, I am a minor so even if I could afford one the law wouldn’t be too happy with me owning one...

I would like to check off as many boxes as I could, visual accuracy and weight would be nice. I know some of the bb pistols are pretty darn close, and many can be field stripped. 

Funny, I thought your user name suggested you were a college student minoring in history. 

MinorInHistory
4 minutes ago, warguy said:

Funny, I thought your user name suggested you were a college student minoring in history.

Yep, Its a pun, though I do intend on studying history WHEN I get to college! Now that I think about it though, I wonder what I’ll change my name to once I am not a minor…

1 hour ago, ThompsonSavage said:

I use a 1911A1 airsoft replica made by KWC. They have a parked and blued version.

And Thompsonsavage, thanks for the recommendation, I’ve seen the KWCs at re-enactments and they look nice. It’s definitely an option.

1 hour ago, MinorInHistory said:

Yep, Its a pun, though I do intend on studying history WHEN I get to college! Now that I think about it though, I wonder what I’ll change my name to once I am not a minor…

And Thompsonsavage, thanks for the recommendation, I’ve seen the KWCs at re-enactments and they look nice. It’s definitely an option.

Well I am glad you are here, and even happier you are interested in history. Too many of our “minors” just don’t seem to care. Hang in there. 

As for next to the real  thing, Looks and quality other than weight and or price, denix or kwc? Also, does either make other models? 

Rakkasan187

I would go with Denix..

They are hefty and carry the same weight as a .45, (almost) The magazine drops, you can pull the slide back, it locks with the magazine in the well,, has the same basic functionality of the regular gun, just won't fire..

https://www.denix.es./en/home

Leigh 

Rakkasan187
5 hours ago, LIFER said:

Since my post, I have check on other models. I was hoping to find an M16. Still searching for one. 

Hey Lifer,,

I would again go with DENIX. They have some really good M16A1 models.. 

We have several models that we use at the museum,, from Revolutionary War flintlock muskets and pistols to MP40s, MP44s, PPSH Soviet SMGs, Grease guns, Thompsons, .45s, Mauser's, AK-47s, M1 Garands, the list goes on...

The live firearms at the museum we have are exactly like these Denix Models and we use them in place of the originals when we are doing exhibit redesigns and upgrades for security reasons.. and they make very good place holders..

They have some very good quality replica's. They are a little pricey but these are well worth the investment.

@Minor in History:

Here are some images of the Denix .45

Best regards

Leigh 

IMG_20210611_190715841.jpg

IMG_20210611_190726082.jpg

IMG_20210611_190737934.jpg

IMG_20210611_190754705.jpg

ThompsonSavage

Here's me carrying a parked KWC 1911A1 and an ICS M1 Garand 😊

Both look the part and pack a serious punch!

Screenshot_20210612-213517_WhatsApp.jpg

• 1 month later...

There are some BB/pellet guns that have popped up recently. These are not airsoft pistols. Some even have blowback like some of the airsoft. Sorry, haven't gone down that rabbit hole - just see them advertised in pellet gun venues. That might offer a little fun and usefulness when not reenacting.

Dave

MinorInHistory

Yeah all of those options look pretty nice. What about blank guns? I’ve seen kimar’s and bruni’s, but I’ve heard some bad things about the bruni. I think at this point I’m looking towards one of those. 

Thanks