Hello from Ohio! (Twin Sister of StratasFan)

GCCE1854

Hi, everyone!

After some encouragement from my most amazing Sis, I've finally joined this forum. I've been on the WMF for awhile, though not a super active poster.

Where my Sis is crazy about the US Militaria, I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable -- as evidenced by the fact that I had to ask my sister what finished off the security question "Good Conduct ?????" for the forum sign-up. :)

I'm here to help with the forum re-design and coloring, as Sis volunteered me to be a BTS member helping her out with this! So, if you see some colors changing and images changing in the next few weeks, you can probably blame me. 

My interests definitely lie in England, and the majority of my historical research is centered around family history in Cornwall. My pet soldier was a Coldstream Guard killed at Inkerman during the Crimean War and is the reason for my user name (his initials and the year of Inkerman). If any of you are familiar with FindaGrave, this is his memorial:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/87361940/granville-charles_cornwallis-eliot

I feel like I know a lot of you through my Sis, so it's nice to be here!

Sarah

1 hour ago, GCCE1854 said:

I'm here to help with the forum re-design and coloring

And what a great job you two are doing with that!

suwanneetrader

Hello Sarah  You and your sister sent my Great Grand-daughter who has had all the Heart surgeries, a doll,   You make a great team and seem like REALLY nice Young Ladies.  . Richard  PS  I'm still looking for another Worlds Fair item for Liz

Welcome! If you are anything like your sister, you will be a fine addition to the forum. Don't worry about not knowing much. This is a great place to learn a thing or two. Thanks for the warning about the visuals here. Now I'll know my brain isn't playing tricks with me.

Mikie

3 hours ago, Bob Hudson said:

And what a great job you two are doing with that!

Thanks to everyone for a nice welcome! I'm enjoying the challenge of getting the colors and everything sorted out and always happy to help with something that makes free information available to the public. That's a real passion with me. 

2 hours ago, suwanneetrader said:

Hello Sarah  You and your sister sent my Great Grand-daughter who has had all the Heart surgeries, a doll,   You make a great team and seem like REALLY nice Young Ladies.  . Richard  PS  I'm still looking for another Worlds Fair item for Liz

Oh, yes. That was so wonderful to be able to share a doll with her, and we had a lot of fun on her package.

My Sis is just about as nice you can get! We love doing everything together . . . even if it is some friendly rivalry about George Washington vs. General Cornwallis. :)

1 hour ago, mikie said:

Welcome! If you are anything like your sister, you will be a fine addition to the forum. Don't worry about not knowing much. This is a great place to learn a thing or two. Thanks for the warning about the visuals here. Now I'll know my brain isn't playing tricks with me.

Mikie

1 hour ago, sgtdorango said:

Welcome, im loving the new forum colors, just what it needed👍🏻....mike

Glad to know that the new colors are looking good so far . . . more work in progress, as I've been messing with stuff all morning. And just to make sure we have a lot of fun, Lizzy has already got me formulating ideas for the World Militaria Forum designs, which means things will be changing for the next several weeks, probably!

Well, it's off to lunch and some more work. Hoping to have banners and some other images fixed up later.

Welcome Sarah, this is a wonderful place to learn. My family also comes from Cornwall and I enjoy learning how they immigrated to the US. The family still owns the original cabin and site in Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks to everyone for such a fine welcome! Sorry to be so long in responding here, but it seems like I'm more familiar with the inside codes of this forum than the fun posting area. ;) Still busy working on things, so I'm glad to know that some of you are liking the progress so far!