Display your Vietnam Graffiti helmet covers

C.G.

Dean
CG has one of the top Vietnam camouflage collections in the US and collects Vietnam only.
It’s his speciality.
Think before you post.
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread. This is my only example. Purchased it from the cousin of the vet along with some other military items from family members who served. He was unwilling to share the vet's name, unfortunately.

Wearer's left has short-timer marks, and on the right it says, "Death Before Dishonor". Sadly, the individual I purchased it from stated the helmet was stored in a basement, and sustained water damage, so it's a bit faded/torn in places (a few other pieces I purchased shared the same fate). I adjusted the contrast to make the markings more visible. 

USMC Mitchell (1).JPG

USMC Mitchell (2).JPG

USMC Mitchell (2a).jpg

USMC Mitchell (3).JPG

USMC Mitchell (3a).jpg

USMC Mitchell (4).JPG

I posted this a while ago. When I cross checked the three "operations" named on the front to the "LZ's" to one side and the locations to the other side it indicates this is a 1st air Cav M1C.     M-1C Vietnam with lots of graffiti, Maybe 1st Cav opinions please - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

20201004_150332.jpg

20201004_150349.jpg

20201004_150254.jpg

20201004_150315.jpg

20181117_205848.jpg

20181117_205857.jpg

20181117_205956.jpg

20181117_205652.jpg

post-169522-0-92578300-1529359588.jpg

Really nice helmet CG, thanks for showing us.

This ones been posted tons of times before and kind of disproves the truism about wear and fading.  Although the Vet spent the Initial part of his tour with 196 LIB In the boonies, his helmet saw very little field time, He Instead favoured a Boonie Hat.  The helmet only really saw use when he was put In charge of a mortar on the fire base at Hill 52,  six months into his tour.  When Hill 52 was closed he returned to LZ Centre and was assigned to the FDC.  The period photo shows the helmet on the roof of the Forward Direction Bunker and Is dated August 1969.  I must stress, this was acquired  only as cover as he had to hand his helmet back before DEROS.  The patch was one of a handful he had made locally for his FDC crew.  Oh and yes, I know the band Is a later one before some joker decides to flex their knowledge 😂

060 (2).JPG

Thanks for adding that one Guy.
Yiu know it’s one of my all time favorites!
Never get bored looking at it after all these years.
O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very nice piece indeed! The veteran that I got the cover & foliage band from said that he rarely had it on his helmet because his units C/O disapproved of anything non regulation.