US Navy Aviators Officer’s Overseas Cap?

EvergreenState

EvergreenState

Hello I picked up this cap about a year ago now, it is green in colour and good quality. I believe it is WW2 period. I was wondering if this is a US naval aviation officer’s side cap? If this is the wrong part of the forum I apologize. Thank you in advance for any help. 

3C57C842-38C3-4336-882D-423FA2EE690D.jpeg

F1CAD981-D3E0-4515-BFDD-01EE005C0D42.jpeg

4944697F-A4F0-4095-A724-4153F9FA18A3.jpeg

988A7E48-E053-408A-948B-FDB6706014EB.jpeg

Yes, this does appear to be in the aviation green material. That said, it could have belonged to an aviator...or anyone else who was eligible to wear aviation green (maintenance officers, chaplains, etc.).

Hope that helps!

collectsmedals

I don't know enough about these to say for sure, but the ones I  have seen have a more pronounced curvature on the top of the cap and do not have the heavy stitching along the top edges. That being said I am sure there were variations.

DSCF2166.jpg

The picture of the cap isn't great, but here's a complete identified aviator's uniform I posted a while back.  The shape of the cap is closer to the first one in this thread.

IMG_2148.JPG.2754d6b8bda8639b4bf8d9f137069a81.JPG

The entire thread on my uniform can be found here:  

EvergreenState

Thank you everyone for the replies. I am happy to hear its a naval aviation side cap as I picked it up here in Washington State for a few bucks and I like WW2 US air-related stuff. 

EvergreenState
7 hours ago, VMI88 said:

The picture of the cap isn't great, but here's a complete identified aviator's uniform I posted a while back.  The shape of the cap is closer to the first one in this thread.

IMG_2148.JPG.2754d6b8bda8639b4bf8d9f137069a81.JPG

The entire thread on my uniform can be found here:  

Absolutely beautiful grouping, thanks for sharing.