Randall Knife Shop Professional Sharpening Question

AirMechanic

I recently acquired a vintage Randall hunting knife that I believe is from the 1970s. I purchased this knife from the original owner as an investment, not for use. The blade on this knife has light grinds marks (or sharpening stone marks) and some light pitting. I know that it is best to leave the blades on vintages knives alone, especially military knives, and wouldn’t have an issue leaving this one be.

However, I was also curious about the Randall Shop’s sharpening service to see if they could possibly remove the grind marks and pitting. Has anyone gotten a knife blade sharpened by them?

If so, how much does that typically cost and how is the quality of the work? Would having this particular knife sharpened by Randall hurt the value or increase the value of the knife? 

Hello

I have not had one repaired/refinished but below is from their site.

As blacksmith said I would leave as is, but unless it is a special model I wouldn't think it would do much to value, of course if military use that could be documented best to leave alone.

https://www.randallknives.com/

Capture.JPG

I had a Randall Springfield that I sent back to the shop to have it cleaned up a bit. It came back beautiful. The blade was perfect and all markings were perfect. It had a beautiful new edge on it also. I think it cost me less than 50 bucks to have it done. That was at least 5 years or more ago.

Ronnie