Opinions on period for this hand camouflaged helmet

ArchangelDM

It reminds me of Jamies paintjobs, the helmet faker who was selling Airborne helmets to members of this forum several years ago and gut busted one day. I think he used this color tone as gas detecting paint.

5 hours ago, MartyMcPouch said:

It reminds me of Jamies paintjobs, the helmet faker who was selling Airborne helmets to members of this forum several years ago and gut busted one day. I think he used this color tone as gas detecting paint.

He did, but this does seem to have real age to It.  A couple of things do give me pause but It looks pretty promising.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:09 AM, MartyMcPouch said:

I got one of Jamie’s $3000 pots still 

this is not one of his,  Believe me having one of his in hand and having originals is night and day

cheers Marty 

On 12/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, Beau-Brummel said:

He did, but this does seem to have real age to It.  A couple of things do give me pause but It looks pretty promising.

You saw that Jamie POS in hand when we met, and knew immediately. 

let’s get some macro shots up ! 

Here are some extreme macro shots showing rust bleed through from 3 layers, the base olive green, then the black and then the orange. 

I have no problem with the paint on it but  if others might see something I don’t.  I will get up a side by side with Jamie’s POS 3k bed pan I own 

- Dean 

76C64E49-2188-4D4F-9149-3FC936FDE591.jpeg

BAC5159F-CE6C-428F-BB0D-185C9129E9BD.jpeg

C0D1D702-F589-4C89-92BF-A7A303813C3C.jpeg

E1241B57-274C-4AF2-968A-5B372A232A47.jpeg

90ACD77C-1F9F-41C7-96D1-10A4FA4B13CD.jpeg

9B751022-50C2-49F2-8F70-9CD40373D802.jpeg

1A0AD91D-A879-42F6-9D4F-8F8AC046481F.jpeg

66867553-4486-48E1-8916-F326014D2953.jpeg

2C96C5CA-E7DC-4B51-8D43-C1A31E42160B.jpeg

On 12/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, Beau-Brummel said:

I also hope you and your family are well and safe Guy 

Looks like the orange was put on using a left handed paintbrush and we all know that originals were done using a right handed one, total fake!!!

All kidding aside, I’m not very knowledgeable with paint ins and outs but this looks pretty good to me, nice pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good here thanks Dean🙏  Hope this finds you the same.  Helmet looks very good  like I said but you have it in hand so you obviously need to make the call as the macros don’t really help.  The aging looks superb especially in a couple of places in the initial photos.  I was only alluding to one particular feature in my first post but in hand you’d have spotted that so I’m sure it’s righteous 😉👍🙂.  Have a lovely Noel and  congratulations on the new addition to your clan mate🙏😍🥰

10 hours ago, Beau-Brummel said:

All good here thanks Dean🙏  Hope this finds you the same.  Helmet looks very good  like I said but you have it in hand so you obviously need to make the call as the macros don’t really help.  The aging looks superb especially in a couple of places in the initial photos.  I was only alluding to one particular feature in my first post but in hand you’d have spotted that so I’m sure it’s righteous 😉👍🙂.  Have a lovely Noel and  congratulations on the new addition to your clan mate🙏😍🥰

Thanks Guy for the kind words, all the gang are well here. 
Merry Christmas my friend to you and yours 

Stay well and safe

9 hours ago, kammo-man said:

It’s the gold color.

it’s more orange than gold, very much like 

my 6th armoured camo lid. Very reminiscent of the army style camo colours of the PTO and MTO

1 hour ago, 63 RECON said:

Loving that footage Troy 

some superb helmets there ! 

thanks for posting and merry Christmas brother