Knife Crafters Blade and Sheath?

thorin6

I picked this up off ebay a couple of weeks ago, the seller did not identify it and only noted that it was unmarked.  I am trying to confirm that it is a Knife Crafters production, but I have some questions.

First the blade is only 5 inches long.  In looking at every Knife Crafters blade on the web and here, I only see blades that are approximately 6 inches long.

Secondly, the blade shows no evidence of a fuller, and again, all the Knife Crafters blades I could find show some sort of fuller from the cut-down sword blades they used to make the knives.

The sheath fits all the criteria except the little flap with a hole to use as a tie down, but the sheath is made for this knife, and a tie down flap makes little sense for a 5 inch blade.

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments and opinions on this knife.

KC1.jpg.d23af6a0476b36792bbe591522bb43cd.jpg

KCHandle.jpg.bbbc55a52e3ff0339297c228e452ff34.jpgKCGuard.jpg.5d924e1d8ede07924fb8bbf173923d0c.jpgKC2.jpg.3e064ce65684a66d9802d2f3474cbe2a.jpgKC1a.jpg.6e1965e3e123ce99832c4a0a8cc3843f.jpg

Nice knife!

I believe it is a Knife Crafters knife and sheath. I have one almost exactly like it but I don't have a picture readily available. I have a picture of one of mine that has a 5 1/4" blade. They used all kinds of different blades for their knives.

20K-5-Knife Crafters=crop.jpg

20-Knife Crafters group=.jpg

The one concern I have is that the leather wrapping does not go all the way to the guard.  I don't recall ever seeing one like that.  The wrapping itself looks right, just too short.  All the ones in Mikedon's collection go to the guard.  The ones I have had (don't have any right now, I think went all the way to the guard.

I owned the top one in MIkedons pics at one time (or one just like it) but gave it up cause it was too short.   Wish I would have kept it.

Thanks for the comments, I used Mikedon's picture from a previous post in my first check as to what this may be.  As for the leather not going go all the way up, I saw several examples where the leather was short, and one where the leather was completely missing.  Also, after sicifde's post I checked the leather, and realized that the end felt mushy.  I was able to move the leather almost to the bottom of the guard, and noticed there was still a small void at the end.  I hesitate to push any more and damage the leather handle, but there is now just a small gap below the guard.

This will be my first Knife Crafters knife.

Although Its not "typical" , If you can use that word with knife crafters , I would bet money Its a knife crafters knife , too many of the characteristics to be anything else IMO . As stated there are many variations of theyre knives . Nice knife , congratulations . 

I found the one I was talking about. It is in poor condition and has string wrapped around the handle but I think it is exactly the same as yours. The sheath is the same also. I think I only paid $35.00 for it. Not in as good of condition as yours but I hated to pass up a Knife Crafters for $35.00.

Blade length is 5 1/8".

20U-4-crop=.jpg

I love thoren6's knife and all mikedon's Knife Crafters knives. I happily came upon a very nice Knife Crafters knife in an antique shop in my area many years ago. He didn't know what it was, I didn't know what it was so he said he just wanted to make a bit over what he had paid for it. I think it cost me $70. Good luck came my way that day. 

Mikedon, thanks for the photo of your short Knife Crafters blade and sheath, it really is a match for mine, despite the condition differences.  Out of curiosity, what would be a reasonable price for my knife today (not for me selling as that's not happening anytime soon)?