Basic question, How do you set up the FIBLE main pack with this gear?

P-59A

I used stock photo's for this. No need to set up for a shoot when the photo's are all the same. I did some horse trading last night for a FIBLE main pack and the assault pack. I get the bag goes in the bottom, but how do you carry the tent AND were does the gas mask go along with all the other gear...how do you set this up?

wwj76_2__21858.1365694086.jpg

Eagle FILBE Pack Complete coyote.jpg

OIP.jpg

Tent can be just strapped to the side. Hydration pouch is Easiest to just sit on top of the pack, under the lid. 

If the gas mask is being carried it should be worn around the waist. You can zipper the divider and shove the sleeping system on the bottom or unzip it and shove the sleeping system in the stuff sack or a waterproofing bag 

I was messing with every possibility. The bag is in the lower compartment, that's a given. The war belt rides below the pack as it should. The chest rig with SAPI plates caused the chest strap on the pack to ride up on my throat. The pack has no adjustment for your girth with the SAPI plates when everything is on. I added a Mystery chest strap and fixed that problem. The USMC two man combat was  an issue. This was the only place I could put it without fear of it riding out. I don't see how the gas mask in this configuration attach's.

20201207_173822.jpg

20201207_173839.jpg

20201207_173926.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you have a unit SOP, then it’s wearer preference.

Depending on the length of operation, or task & purpose of the wear, the IBA could be packed or the ruck would be discarded to the rear in favor of a smaller assault pack too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lsparrks, So, to your eye that tent is is packed as good as it gets. The outer tent bags have slots to put a strap through. They don't quite line up with the ruck straps so I tied para cord to them and ran the straps between the slots to stop the tents from working out to one side or the other. I just couldn't see any other way to attach the tents. The deal is this. I will be heading out to look for a B-24 crash site with a few guys.  The crash site is in remote in hilly terrane in the high desert. My 4x4 will only take me so far and then we are on foot. The hike in will take the better part of the day then we are going to set up camp and do a lite hike to the crash site the next day. This pack is new to me. I have been using the older Army Molle two set up for years and that rig has a smaller main pack, but a larger three day pack. Normally base camp would be at the 4X4 ,but that is not possible for this hike.  On my Army set up I have a bag that holds my climbing  rope. I'm guessing my rope will go to a side that has that slot with the MRE bag on it and my metal detector will run through the slot on the other side. I guess the SPAX and e-tool will run on outside of the 3 day pack. Water and food seem to take up most of the outer space on the FIBLE main pack. My Army 3 day is set  up that way now along with first aid gear and xtra things, but that rig has a set up to attach bags on the belt for things like my other first aid pouch and bags that hold my climbing gloves, GPS, note pad and other smalls. I like the idea of the FIBLE I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work for me.  It just seems to me the Army set up allows for more things to be strapped on. I could redo that war belt to be a more practical hiking belt. It's not like I need the things that are on it right now and I am not hiking that vest in. I set that up to get a feel for what a combat set up would feel like.

Yes, I think it’s all OK. The strap slot alignment sucks. But maybe it’s still meant to go through them?

You sound well prepared. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I see it is the main pack is food, water, shelter, main first aid kit, cooking gear, rope and cold weather clothing. The assault pack is some food, water, spax, and my smalls like my tarp, compass, altimeter, camera and tripod, wallet keys and alike. The war belt would be my small first aid kit, e-tool, small bag for my note book, map, gloves, battery's, flash light, binoculars, GPS etc. I sweat like its going  out of style and pack tons of water or else I cramp up before the day is done. That is one plus over my old system.  You can carry lots of water with this set up.