USAF SOC Beret Badge

Tonomachi

I just came across this supposed USAF Special Operation Command beret badge.  I'm not familiar with this badge which might even be for USAF Special Operation Command Korea due to the red and blue circular symbol in the background which looks like the Korean Yin and Yang symbol they call a Taeguk.  It looks like it has a V-42 bayonet which is what the US Army Special Forces uses on their beret badge.  I thought it was odd that a USAF designed badge would have a trident which is a USN symbol.  I can't make out what is written below maybe a two word motto of some kind.  Does anyone know anything about this beret badge.  Is it being worn on a dark blue beret which is my guess?  

USAF.jpg

USMarineCorps

As you said, this was the first version of the SOCKOR DUI. Only authorized locally, I believe. These aren't too easy to find. The V-42 represents the US Army component (mostly 1st Group), the wings represent the USAF component (several SOS squadrons), and the trident represents US Navy Special Warfare units assigned to SOCKOR.

Thanks for this explanation.  So this isn't a USAF only beret badge but a US Army DUI worn with a flash on a beret.