82nd Airborne Shoulder Patch

Chief D

Need a little help from the patch guys. Got this patch with attached tab (khaki filler). It was with a lot of other WWII unit patches. My question is, is this also a WWII patch? I try and educate myself on what I find. It looks like a post war patch (from the back) to me. Patches can get complicated for me to identify.  Also the gemerals patch was with them. Cant find anything out on this one. Maybe someone can identify? Commercial patch? Im sure this is a simple question for many. Thanks in advance.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

I thought so. Just wanted confirmation. Also included was the 173rd Airborne. Vietnam era correct? I am slowly getting better at the patch identification.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

173rd could be late Vn era but still worn. THere is a cut edge 173rd and tab prior to the merrowed edge. Also one piece examples can be found. 

Chief here is a big help for you. Notice and study the back of your patch and you will see great example of modern computer thread manufacturing, which is exactly what you want to avoid. Hope this helps

Mort

It does help. To be honest that is what I thought on this one but wasnt sure of myself. It is good to get the conformation. I am learning. :)