ARVN Airborne Senior Advisor

m1a2u2

27 minutes ago, 63 RECON said:

The shirt was once upon a time in my collection, its a beautiful piece. 

Thanks! It came from the same source as the other "problematic" pieces I showed. 

8 hours ago, m1a2u2 said:

Aside from the original owner and the embroidery, is there anything else about this shirt that points to its authenticity? 

Actually, out of interest sake, after checking the old pictures of the one I used to own, this isn't the same shirt. But I believe Hyatt had multiple uniforms. As you can see, mine had the classic ARVN Abn advisor added chest zip pockets. 

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22665-team-162-the-red-hats/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-1839834

Very cool! On this shirt you can see that he made the font more Times New Roman like. The embroidered combat patch also seems to have the same fraying exposing the underlying white.

Upon second look, the shirt looks odd. Why would he write his name in the collar if it was embroidered? Also, some have told. Me the embroidery letters look too wide. Thoughts? 

Its not uncommon, I have direct embroidered shirts in my collection with names/initials written in the collar area.

Also the direct embroidery on your Hyatt shirt is almost identical to the one I had so its all good plus direct embroidery varied from location to location and tailor to tailor. 

https://www.freetheoppressed.me/direct-embroidered-uniforms

6 hours ago, 63 RECON said:

Its not uncommon, I have direct embroidered shirts in my collection with names/initials written in the collar area.

Also the direct embroidery on your Hyatt shirt is almost identical to the one I had so its all good plus direct embroidery varied from location to location and tailor to tailor. 

https://www.freetheoppressed.me/direct-embroidered-uniforms

Someone found a Pic of Col. Hyatt in his fatigues and it is the standard airborne pattern shirt with the vertical pockets and zippers. I for one have not seen any ARVN airborne advisors wearing the standard slant pocket ERDL uniforms but that's just me. 

FB_IMG_1607008489902.jpg

That’s an interesting observation mate. I’d never thought of that until now.

As far as I’m aware the Hyatt shirts are real, due to where and they came from. It is interesting an almost identical shirt bar the chest zips has surfaced as well.

As I understand, one of his uniforms is on display at Westpoint or associated museum. But I’m happy to be corrected on that. 

Great pic of Hyatt by the way.

There are far more knowledable members on here that know about ARVN airborne stuff that might jump in.

Often times some of these shirts were modified slant pockets shirts. Pockets were removed and repositioned straight or new pockets made from scratch. Bottom pockets were usually removed all together.