New Collectors Beware

SKIPH

Well, just found another way over priced knife on ebay.  It's a late "Ka-Bar 1219C2, ebay item # 363200035293. Starting bid at $399. Seller mentioned in the ad "Possibly WW2 Vintage Marine Corp" . If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated. New collectors don't get fooled by this. Let's point out the giant flaw! Study up!  SKIP

In summary NO WWII KA-BAR 1219C2 knife had:
-3/8" half pinned pommel
-black spacer at guard and pommel
-deep struck markings
-embossed eagle, globe and anchor marking on the leather sheath

WWII markings shown in the pictures below:

7E-4bb.jpg

7E-4cc.jpg

While the EGA marked sheath is a give-away, and certainly the deeply struck markings, the two things that always stand out to me are 1) the large pinned pommel, and the blade being out of alignment with the handle.

Just found another, ebay # 393037550114, for a Buy Now price of $175. Or, you can go to other sites, buy the same thing "new"  for $89.79, or $79.93. Sure there are other dealers selling them for around the same price. Good grief! I sure hope these threads are helping folks out. Lots of overpriced stuff out there.  SKIP

On 11/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, SKIPH said:

Well, just found another way over priced knife on ebay.  It's a late "Ka-Bar 1219C2, ebay item # 363200035293. Starting bid at $399. Seller mentioned in the ad "Possibly WW2 Vintage Marine Corp" . If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated. New collectors don't get fooled by this. Let's point out the giant flaw! Study up!  SKIP

...and @ a starting bid of $399. This stuff sickens me. Thanks for exposing these fradulent sellers, Skip. It's a lot of work to dig through ebay auctions to find these "problematic" items -- I know, I used to do it w/ so-called vintage vinyl LPs and American-made guitars. I know chaps who do it for automotive stuff, too. But the amount of auctions we were obliged to wade through to find frauds was 9and remains) MINISCULE in comparison to examinaing auctions offering vintage militaria, even "knives only". A lot of work! And it is much appreciated.