Fort Knox TASC recognition model tanks

Whatchathink

I got these at an auction and was going to let my grandkids play with them. After looking at them, I think they are collectible. I have 17 of these....here are some pics. Anyone know more about them? Looks like they might have been used for training. I can post more pics if you want. My dad was in the army and would know but he has passed. 

D1299AEC-2D9F-44D9-80BD-11B6D2533004.jpeg

E16E705A-D52C-454C-A935-81E17AEB23F5.jpeg

F3860330-9FD2-481D-AE98-5C236755FE12.jpeg

173E19AB-0709-4919-8729-4636E4736876.jpeg

9455C147-417A-4218-A3D0-BD35E39CD978.jpeg

Quite a nice find.. These vehicles were used for threat and friendly recognition for one.. They had many uses depending on the unit.. Our infantry unit used them for primarily threat/friendly recognition as I mentioned, but they were also used for terrain models and sand tables. Other units may have used them for Field Artillery forward observation exercises where they would place the vehicles out in front of an Observation Post and the Forward Observers would have to use binoculars and properly identify the vehicles through the binoculars..

Armor and Cavalry folks would also do similar drills in order to properly ID the vehicles in their scopes...

I believe these are made of a resin type material similar to the Soviet weapons that were also from TASC..

The gun barrels sometimes tend to break on them after much handling...

Hope this helps,,

Best regards, stay safe..

Leigh

Wow, that is interesting. I have several with the barrels in tact. Yes they are definitely resin. A couple look to be of something else, clay like material. They are stamped on the bottoms Fort Knox and the names or numbers. Was going to sell but not clear on value of them. Anyone have any idea. Thanks in advance......